Monday, October 25, 2010

My Inheritance

I stand in awe watching the way God is moving. I took Him at His word when He promised me that what I ask for in faith I would receive. I began asking, talking to Him about what was happening in my life and in the lives of the people around me. I told Him about the hurt, the brokenness, the lack, the sadness that I see around me. I asked Him to bring change, to bring His kingdom to come here on earth, just like it is in heaven. I knew that He would be faithful to His promises, but I did not count on His extravagance. I found out that He was just waiting for me to ask, and when I did, He opened the floodgates of heaven, and poured out in answer more than I could ever have asked or imagined. He began moving in peoples lives, changing circumstances and bringing healing and restoration.

God doesn't answer my prayers half heartedly, He is a Kingly giver. He gives everything He possibly can, everything I could ever hope for and more. I can live a life full of joy, something that does not depend on the circumstances around me. As His daughter I have access to all the resources of heaven, a never ending supply of love, grace, healing, compassion, hope, joy and blessing. I don't just have enough, I have an abundance, so that I never have to live in lack. And from this, I can give to everyone around me without ever running out. I am loved completely, and because of this I can love others completely. I can give beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. Where there is pain, sickness and disease, I can release healing. Where there is sorrow I can release joy. Where there is depression and despair I can be a bearer of hope, because my Father has given royally to me, and now I can give royally to others. This is my inheritance.

No comments:

Post a Comment