Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Miracle Opportunities

I believe that obstacles in my life are opportunities for God to display His miracle working power. I also believe that it is critical that these obstacles be covered in prayer. Please join me in praying as we are currently facing a great number of serious obstacles.

Standing on the platform at the train station waiting for the train that would take my parents on their way back home to America I received a phone call. It was to inform me that the visa we have been applying for, which we believed we would be receiving here, was not working out the way we had expected. We have been told that we need to return to America and appear at the embassy in person to get a stamp put on one of our pieces of paper. This would not be as much of an issue if it were not for the fact that due to our financial situation, making this trip will require a miracle. Opportunity number one, either for provision of money, or favor with the government that will make a government official speak up on our behalf and let us get the necessary paperwork through the mail.

One of the situations I can't go into detail about, but suffice it to say that someone we work with here was recently diagnosed with a life threatening condition.

I have also been having recurring symptoms of previous health problems and am working on deciding where to go for medical care to get to the bottom of things. This poses further financial issues.

But in the middle of all this we see the beauty of God's provision, he keeps reminding me He hasn't forgotten my needs, and will provide everything we need when we need it, even if I can't always see it in advance. Furthermore, I have experienced a new growth of vision for God's purpose for my time here, which has given a new level of focus to everything I do, and helped me not miss home as much. And then my parents recent visit was a tremendous blessing. Please join me in praying and believing for God's kingdom to come and His will to be done. Please pray for wisdom for us, for healing, and for provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment