Wednesday, March 10, 2010

From the Other Side

Quite unexpectedly I am getting to experience the other side of the picture from what I have in the past. Instead of being an American visiting Europe, I am about to be someone from Europe visiting America, and I am discovering that the difference between the two is greater than I would have imagined.
We hit a sudden problem with our visa application process and were informed that we needed to make a trip to America to appear in the embassy in person for the purpose of getting a stamp put on one of our pieces of paper. Furthermore, our application process took long enough that our criminal record searches expired, and we now have to reapply for them. So, after a week of exploring options, intense decision making, and faith stretching experiences, we bought plane tickets last evening and are preparing to leave for Bulgaria within the hour where we will take a flight back to Washington DC. We will be home for three and a half weeks.
From my human perspective it looks like this is the worst possible time for us to leave Macedonia, many things are coming to a crisis point here, and I don't want to leave the people that I care about. But I am choosing to trust that God has a plan and that He will take care of everything here while we are gone.
Please pray with us for several things; for favor everywhere we go, for financial provision, for health (I got sick the same day we bought the plane ticket and have not fully recovered), for God to order our steps everywhere we go.
If anyone would like me to come share at their home group, church etc. while I am home about what I am doing here, let me know, and I can try to make it work. Contact me by e-mail at mylilyofthevalley@gmail.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment