Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pondering the Power of Femininity

I ran across this quote a while ago someone had mentioned from Stu Weber's book, "Four Pillars of a Man's Heart".

"The influence of applied femininity is, by any measure, incredibly determinative. In every culture, in every age, the power is awesome. And dangerous. As with any significant reservoir of power it may be used for good or ill. It's impact may be constructive or destructive. Like a mighty river, it is a force that may turn the turbines and generate power that will light up a community, a home and a whole man's life. But, undisciplined and unchecked, it may devastate, demoralize and utterly destroy.

Some women have no clue how much actual power they hold, and these are the women who destroy their husbands by default. Other women, keenly aware of their power make a conscious decision to become high controllers. But still other women, keenly aware of the power God has vested in their femininity, make a deliberate choice to use that power only for good. "

It makes me think of the verse from Proverbs, "The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."

I stop and think of the power God has chosen to give me and I realize with it came a responsibility. It is as if I had been given a sword, which I am responsible to a learn to use effectively. If I treat the sword carelessly, and don't apply myself to learning how to master the skill of wielding this weapon, then one of two things could happen. I could end up hurting someone with it because I don't know it's proper use. Or, when the moment comes that the sword becomes necessary in battle and I discover I missed my earlier chance to learn it's use, then I could end up losing the opportunity to gain victory.

I personally believe that God gave me a destiny to win every battle that is placed in front of me, to be the wise woman who builds up my house, not the foolish one who tears it down. I believe he purposed< for me to know how to use the power he has given me so that it will bring life everywhere that I go. And so, I am applying myself to learn how to wield the weapon he has given me.

It's not just me he has purposed this for, but for every woman out there who will take him up on the offer. What kind of woman will you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment