Thursday, January 7, 2010

She Makes me Smile

Across the hall from me lives a delightful little girl who is three years of age. Her name is Naomi. About one and a half years ago when I first came to Macedonia, I had the privilege of staying with her family during my three week visit, and then again a year later. I had a wonderful time with them, and enjoyed the three children very much. Never in my wildest imagination did I think that I would one day be living across the hall from them.
Before Naomi and her family knew that I had made the decision to move here, Naomi picked up the telephone one day and was pretending to talk with someone. Her mother asked her who, and Naomi said, "Remember that girl who stayed with us, I'm talking to her." Naomi was referring to me, and her mother quickly got the camera and taped Naomi's phone conversation with me. I am sharing the youtube video here. Naomi says, "Bethany you will come, and we will drink hot chocolate together. I love you, good bye." Though they didn't know it at the time, Naomi was right, that I would come and we would drink hot chocolate together, I have photographic evidence that it happened.



And here is the proof that what Naomi said came to pass. :-)





Sometimes the "little" things mean the most. I thank God for the joy children bring into my life.

1 comment: